And though the auction has brought in more than $3,000,000 in the last 16 years, the demand for loans has exceeded the success of the auction. For instance, in the year 1990, due to the cancellation of several government assistance programs, our program provided $426,000.00 to area students. That amount far exceeds the auction proceeds. To meet this demand, our Rotary Club borrowed money from local banks so that no student would be turned down in his or her request for funds.
- You must be a graduate of a high school located within Christian County, obtained a GED from Christian County, or be a Christian County resident who has graduated from Hopkinsville Community College.
- You must have graduated from high school with a "C" average or if you have previously been enrolled in college, you must have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or above (transcripts are required.) If at any time your GPA falls below 2.0, no additional monies will be disbursed until your grades are brought up to the required GPA standards.
- You must be enrolled as a full time student (as determined by the institution you are attending.)
- You must have two (2) co-signers to sign your promissory note and agreement. Your co-signers must be 25 years of age or older, be gainfully employed and/or own property in the Christian County area.
- Applications must be filled out completely and signed by borrower and co-signers. Credit checks will be required of the co-signers. The minimum credit score allowed is 680. A non-refundable application fee of $35.00 will be collected upon submittal of application forms.
- Loans are approved in June, July and August for both fall and spring semesters.
- Students still in school are required to pay interest (1%) on loans semi-annually. These payments are due December 31 and June 30.
- At the completion of each quarter/semester you must furnish us with an official transcript of your grades for that period. You will have 90 days to do so. If transcripts are not received within the 90 days after billing is sent, an account will be set up for repayment.
- Six months after graduation or cessation of full-time student status, your notes will become due. At this time you may either pay the amount due or set up the balance due on an 84-month payment plan. The rate on your monthly repayment note will be 5% for annum.
- If at any time you withdraw from school, your repayment schedule will begin in accordance with the above paragraph. Each semester, school verification is required (grades). However it is the student's responsibility to inform us if they are no longer in school.
- You must maintain current address information on borrowers and co-signers during the life of the loan. All address changes must be submitted in writing. Address Verification Form
Failure to meet the above requirements may result in default of loan.
Please complete the following application and bring to the Rotary office.
Credit check release forms must be completed for each co-signer and also returned to the Rotary office with application.
Online Loan PaymentsPay Here
For check disbursement, the following items must be completed:
- Pay interest due by June 30 (for fall) or December 31 (for spring).
- Have an official transcript sent directly from school to the Rotary Student Loan Office at PO Box 199, Hopkinsville, KY 42240. Hand-carried transcripts will not be accepted unless received in a sealed envelope from institution.
- Complete the Address Verification Form.
Checks will not be generated and disbursed until all above requirements are fulfilled. If you have any questions, please feel free to call the Rotary Office at (270) 886-3034.