Rotary Scholars History
For several years there has been an increased emphasis inside Rotary to try to reach the young people who wanted to attend college, but could not (or did not know how to) qualify for a Rotary loan. This is what led to the implementation of our current scholarship program. The feeling was that the scholarships helped, but still did not reach every student . . . thus the creation of the Rotary Scholars Program. By forming a Steering Committee and studying similar programs that exist in other American cities, the Hopkinsville Rotary Club was able to create a program that can reach every local student. Now all of our young people will have the opportunity to pursue their post-secondary dreams.
Who is eligible?
Regardless of a student’s county of residence, any student who graduates from Christian County High School, Hopkinsville High School, Heritage Christian Academy or University Heights Academy, and meets the stated requirements, will be eligible.
Additional eligibility criteria:
- While in high school, each student must enroll in and successfully complete a tuition-waived Orientation to College course at Hopkinsville Community College.
- The student must graduate with a cumulative high school GPA of 2.5 or higher.
- The student must achieve a cumulative high school attendance of 95% or above.
- The student must never have been expelled from high school.
- The student and their guardian must complete an application for federal financial aid.
- The student must enroll full-time at Hopkinsville Community College immediately after high school and maintain standards for Satisfactory Academic Progress as described by the U.S. Department of Education.
For more information on the Rotary Scholars Program:
Manager of External Education Program
Hopkinsville Community College
P.O. Box 2100
Hopkinsville, KY 42241-2100
To make a donation to the Rotary Scholars Program: